Having interacted with hundreds of “dreamers” over the last several years, I have come across a few common profiles that I’m hoping you will avoid.
- Because he’s doing it all, nothing is being done at all.
- Defining Character Trait: Overcommitment.
- Favorite Phrase: “Yeah, I’m gonna’ pursue that too!“
- Cure: Focus.
- Because the timing is never right, her dreams never see the light.
- Defining Character Trait: Procrastination.
- Favorite Phrase: “I just don’t have time for that right now.”
- Cure: Urgency.
Parental Pleasing Peter
- Because he’s trying to make daddy proud, pursuing his real dream is not allowed.
- Defining Character Trait: Cowardice.
- Favorite Phrase: “I’m not sure my mom would be too happy about that.”
- Cure: Courage.
Super Spiritual Samantha
- Because she’s so heavenly minded, she’s no earthly good.
- Defining Character Trait: Apathy.
- Favorite Phrase: “I wish the Lord would just take me to heaven already!”
- Cure: Compassion.
In tomorrow’s post, I will share four more dreamer profiles. Stay tuned!