As we build out the "leadership pipeline" at theMOVEMENT we intend to provide knowledge, experience, and coaching for every level of leadership within the church.
Our leadership pipeline levels are: team members, team leads, ministry directors, department directors, and organizational leads.
In the area of knowledge our goal will be to provide training around two specific questions:
- Who do I need to be?
- What do I need to do?
For the sake of this post, I want to think through the second question for each of the levels of leadership.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
FOR TEAM MEMEBRS
- Use Planning Center Online.
- Internalize vision of the ministry.
- Other skills specific to each individual ministry.
FOR TEAM LEADS
- Have Monthly 1-on-1's with Team Members.
- Observe/Assess/Schedule Team Members.
- Pursue/Protect vision of the ministry.
- Engage in a discipleship relationship.
FOR MINISTRY DIRECTORS
- Build a Productive Leadership Team.
- Recruit Team Members.
- Envision Team Members.
- Equip Team Members.
- Duplicate Yourself.
FOR DEPARTMENT DIRECTORS
- Coach Ministry Directors.
- Assess Ministry Directors.
- Report on progress of Ministry Directors to Organizational Lead.
- Ensure alignment amongst Ministry Directors with organizational Mission.
FOR ORGANIZATIONAL LEADERS
- Seek first the Kingdom of God.
- Engage the Leadership Team with the Mission/Vision/Values.
- Reinforce the Mission/Vision/Values often.
- Value the leaders you serve alongside.
- Evaluate progress.