For far too long, I have appreciated and praised God for Christ's death on the cross, but I have not been in awe of and worshipped Him for His resurrection from the grave.
I have not lived my present life in light of my future resurrection.
I have lived short-sighted. I have lived more for the temporary than for the eternal. I have not been utilizing the single, greatest resource for hope ever given to mankind by God.
But, as I prepared and preached my Easter message, I found myself with a new found appreciation for the resurrection of Jesus Christ. This appreciation comes not only for how the resurrection of Christ will impact my eternity, but for also how it will impact my life now! I hope you will join me in praising God for his resurrection power!
Because Christ rose again, I will rise again. And because I will rise again...
IN REGARDS TO MY STORY
- The best part will be the end.
- Everyday, I get closer to the best part.
- "Happily every after" does not only happen in fairytales.
IN REGARDS TO HARDSHIP
- Every difficulty is temporary. No hardship is final.
- Even if sickness or tragedy were to take my life, it will usher me in to my very best days.
- No relational, financial, emotional, mental, educational, physical, or spiritual challenge I face can threaten me ultimately being resurrected with Christ.
IN REGARDS TO SUCCESS AND FAILURE
- No earthly success or failure will define me.
- Every earthly success will be outdone in the end.
- Every earthly failure will be undone in the end.
IN REGARDS TO PURPOSE
- There's more to life than enjoying the "middle chapters."
- There's deep motivation to spread the gospel so that more people will have hope during their "middle chapters" and experience the "ending" that I am anxiously awaiting.
- There's urgency because the end is drawing near.
IN REGARDS TO HOPE
- I have it. Always.
- I can give it. Anytime.
- I can access it by simply beholding my resurrected Christ!
"For as by a man came death, by a man has come also the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive. But each in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, then at his coming those who belong to Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:21-23