The other day, I wrote about what pastor's do. Today, because I have a pastoral team meeting with the group of pastors I am privileged to serve with at theMOVEMENT, I want to share a little bit of insight in regards to what pastor's talk about.
The following is the agenda for tonight's bi-monthly pastoral team meeting. All leadership team meetings at theMOVEMENT (including pastoral team meetings) are outlined using the five values of the church as a guide.
RESOLUTE GRATITUDE (Thanksgiving > Entitlement)
- How do you see God moving powerfully in your life?
- Where do you see God moving in a personal weakness or struggle?
- How do you see God moving in specific people in the church who you are pastoring?
- What else do we see God doing at theMOVEMENT that we are grateful for?
- Financial Update.
SELFLESS TRANSPARENCY (Truth-Telling > Image-Protecting)
- My emotional and spiritual health
- My marriage
- Sexology Series Debrief
LIFELONG LEARNING (Growth > Complacency)
- Baptism & Membership Discussion
EMPOWERING LEADERSHIP (Development > Excellence)
- Pastoral Candidate Process Conversation
- Current/Future Pastoral Candidates
- Summer Pastoral Team Retreat
- Music Ministry Leadership Team Update
- Vote on New Member Candidates
AUDACIOUS FAITH (Courage > Comfort)
- Where the teaching is headed
- Creating a Culture of Invitation Evaluation
- Our next Thematic Goal
- Enlarge Territory Corporate Prayer