So much has been said about it, but its power cannot be underestimated. So much has been written about it, but its impact cannot be under appreciated. Though it has often been criticized, its utility cannot be undervalued.
For a leader to be effective, a compelling vision is a must.
But how do you know if you have one? How do you determine if its valid? How do you decide whether or not its worth giving your life to?
As I find myself in a season of being absolutely infused with fresh vision for my life and my ministry, here are a few ways I know a compelling vision has been given to me.
THE IMPACT A COMPELLING VISION HAS ON YOU
- You get excited considering it.
- You get energized believing it.
- You get motivated casting it.
- You feel morally responsible to do it.
- You feel spiritually accountable to pursue it.
- You feel physically unable to ignore it.
- You're willing to risk your reputation for it.
- You're willing to sacrifice your comfort for it.
- You're willing to surrender your ego for it.
- You can see the fruit it will bear.
- You can feel the impact it will have.
- You can taste the joy it will bring.
- You have the vision and then the vision has you.
THE IMPACT A COMPELLING VISION HAS ON OTHERS
- People are inspired by it.
- People are invigorated by it.
- People are enamored by it.
- People give money to it.
- People sacrifice time for it.
- People contribute talents to it.
- People come together for it.
- People set aside differences for it.
- People collectively cooperate for it.
- People awaken to their purpose by pursuing it.
- People rediscover their joy by participating in it.
- People find their fulfillment by connecting themselves to it.
- The vision is cast to them and then they cast the vision to others.
A compelling vision is powerful.
The question that remains for you is simply this:
Are you being driven by one?