As I am on my flight back to Oakland from Atlanta, I can’t help but think about the myriad of ways that God, once again, showed Himself as powerful, faithful, gracious, and kind. Here are a few highlights:
WHILE IN MARIETTA…
- Formed a special bond with our host family Kyle & Lolly Collins
- Preached the Friday Morning Main Session of the MOVE Conference, and was affirmed by many of the attendees that though I wasn’t initially scheduled to be the one to speak that morning, I was “supposed” to be there. (Also received a very generous honorarium!)
- Enjoyed serving with the other church planters in the Bay Area on the “Effective Church Partnerships” Panel
- Thanked Kevin Ezell and Gregg Matte, in person, for the positive impact they’ve had on my life and on theMOVEMENT Church.
- Confirmed invitation to preach Johnson Ferry’s Services on Sunday, June 24.
- Scheduled Bobby Smith and several others from Johnson Ferry’s Music Ministry to join us on Labor Day Weekend to support and strengthen the music ministries of theMOVEMENT and other Bay Area church plants.
- Watched a couple of movies, ate delicious meals, and strengthened relationships with leadership and congregation of Johnson Ferry Baptist Church.
WHILE IN SAVANNAH…
- Shopped and ate.
- Rested and relaxed.
- Watched Black Panther.
- Worked on Sexology messages.
- Stayed at our first Autograph Collection Hotel.
- Toured the historic sites on a horse and carriage.
- Ate some more.
- While I was away, nearly $30,000 was given to theMOVEMENT unexpectedly!
- $20,000 from out of the ordinary tithes/offerings
- $5,000 from an out of the ordinary partner church support check
- $4,500 from an out of the ordinary grant from the California State Baptist Convention
To God be the glory!
All I deserve, in light of my sin, is eternal separation from God. BUT GOD! In His grace, in His mercy, and in His goodness lavishes me with blessings, opportunities, and experiences that go far beyond what I can even conceive! I stand in awe. “Lord I’m amazed by You, and how You love me.”
Just as I was finishing writing this post, I opened up the fortune cookie I was given with the dinner I had eaten before boarding the plane. In it, were TWO fortunes (pictured above)! One fortune cookie. Two fortunes. (Good ones too!) When God rains down His blessings, He pours down His blessings! HAHA!