In this fast-paced world that we live in, rest is a luxury. But it's not just rest for your body that people long for, people also long for rest for their minds, their souls, and their spirits. I know I do!
What that in mind, and with Easter just a little under two weeks away and a message this upcoming Sunday that I am pretty anxious about, I figure it would be a very beneficial thought exercise to remind myself of where my rest (mind, body, and soul) comes from:
- There is no good I can do that could make God love me any more.
- There is no bad I can do that could make God love me any less.
- I am declared righteous in the sight of God.
- God loves me just as much as He loves His Son, Jesus Christ.
- I am infinitely loved by the Infinite.
- My sins are forgiven.
- God is with me.
- The same power that rose Jesus from the grave (Holy Spirit) lives within me.
- My work for God doesn't determine my worth to God.
- Christ will build His Church and the gates of Hell will not prevail against it.
- God loves His children more than I ever could or ever will.
- I am just the messenger. I am not the message.
- God was at work in the world long before I got here, and God will be at work in the world long after I'm gone.
- God will get me what I need, when I need it, in the way I need it.
- God is holy, righteous, and sovereign, and I am His child!
- God's presence is His greatest gift, and I already have that!
- God knows what I need before I even ask Him.
- God works all things out for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purposes.
- My job is to plant and water seeds. God's job is to make them grow.
- God's faithfulness to me isn't predicated by my faithfulness to Him.
- God's plans for me are far greater than anything I can hope for or imagine.
- While I am sleeping, God is working.
- I am not the solution. God is.
- God doesn't need me.
- Christ will return, and I will spend eternity in the physical presence of God Almighty!
Knowing, believing, and trusting in these truths gives me a rest and a peace that surpasses all understanding. Now if God would just give me the grace and wisdom to remember them!
Before moving on with the rest of your day, I'd like to make 2 requests of you..
- Pick one or two of the truths above and meditate on it until you really are put at rest.
- Please feel free to share in the comments below your sources of rest.