On Sunday, March 11, I will begin a 3-part teaching series entitled, Sexology - What Does God Have to Say About Sex? In an effort to prepare myself for the series and remind myself of why I'm preaching a series like this in the first place, here are a list of reasons why I'm convinced a teaching series on sex, from a Biblical perspective, is necessary.
- Because sex was created by God, it should be understood by the children of God.
- Because God's purpose for sex is unknown, sexual abuse of all different types is rampant.
- Because the Church is often silent on issues related to sex, Christians are getting their answers to their questions about sex from the world rather than the Word.
- Because when the Church does speak up about sex, it's often done in a way that is both judgmental and dogmatic.
- Because sexual sin negatively impacts you and others around you in a way that other types of sin don't.
- Because people at theMOVEMENT are wounded because of sexual sins they've committed and sexual sins that have been committed against them.
- Because our middle/high school students are being bombarded with false narratives about sex.
- Because our parents don't know how to talk to their kids about sex.
- Because our singles are struggling because of misunderstandings about sex.
- Because our marriages are struggling because of misunderstandings about sex.
- Because, as a pastor, I am responsible for preaching the full counsel of God's Word.
If any of these reasons for why I am doing a teaching series on sex resonate with you, I encourage you to join me either online or in-person on Sunday, March 11!
Your prayers are appreciated!