Over the next couple of days, I am going to discipline myself to get some much needed rest.
The last eight consecutive days have been a whirlwind...
- Sunday - Hosted a Comeback Event for theMOVEMENT. And then took my wife to the ER at midnight and stayed till 5am.
- Monday - Prepared messages for Summer Retreat, and spent time in the hospital with my wife as she had to have an emergency gallbladder surgery and was required to stay overnight.
- Tuesday - Continued to care for my wife as she was released from hospital, and then had a staff meeting that evening.
- Wednesday - Drove to Sonora and gave first of six messages at Summer Retreat.
- Thursday - Woke up at 6am for Counselor's Meeting and then gave two more messages and taught one seminar.
- Friday - Woke up at 6am for Counselor's Meeting and then gave two more messages and two Q&A sessions.
- Saturday - Woke up at 6am for Counselor's Meeting and then gave last message. Drove home from Sonora.
- Sunday - Led a Creative Team meeting for our upcoming sermon series, led a prayer meeting and worked on marketing material.
It has been quite the week!
And though I am fulfilled, satisfied and overjoyed by the privilege that I had to minister in all the ways that I did, I must rest.
Rest is required to relax my mind.
Rest is required to renew my energy.
Rest is required to replenish my strength.
Ultimately, rest is required to remind myself that God is in control and that even though I may not be working, He is.