"Take time to gather up the past so that you will be able to draw from your experience and invest them in the future." - Jim Rohn
5 MEMORABLE PERSONAL MOMENTS
- Running the California International Marathon with Spencer in less than 5 hours.
- Having one of my pictures from @airjcollector on Instagram featured on @complex.
- Disciplining myself to take silence and solitude retreats in March and August.
- Completing a 40-day fast.
- Obtaining Air Jordan IV x Kaws collab.
5 MEMORABLE MARRIAGE MOMENTS
- Deciding to go on a spontaneous date at Staples Arena for Warriors/Clippers Game.
- Enjoying a Valentine's Day double date at Oracle Arena for Warriors/Kings (Included a shout out on the jumbotron and a post-game on-court experience!)
- Experiencing a staycation in SF with a date night on Alcatraz.
- Riding horses on the beaches of Cabo.
- Going to my first college football game at my wife's old college - University of Texas at Austin. (Included a post-game on-field experience!)
5 MEMORABLE MINISTRY MOMENTS
- Last service at Lisser - 10 testimonies.
- Easter - B-Doe's Rap.
- 4-Year Anniversary - Killian's testimony. The unveiling of eightX!
- Invite Sunday - Highest non-holiday attendance (190 adults/kids). Angela and Angelica's Salvations! The miracle of Sarai.
- Almost $30,000 raised through Be Generous!
5 MEMORABLE MANAGEMENT MOMENTS
- Having tough conversation with staff about boundaries and expectations.
- Team-building at off-site at Jenness Park.
- Entrusting AJ with day-to-day management of staff.
- Celebrating year by eating at Espetus and watching Coco together.
- Blessing unpaid staff with generous Christmas bonus.
5 MISERABLE MISTAKES MADE
- Failing to plan something for my wife's 35th birthday.
- Taking meetings in the middle of my summer vacation.
- Neglecting to set monthly personal goals.
- Quitting Bible reading plan mid-year.
- Buying Jordan's from a seller on Facebook without authenticating them first. (They were fakes!)
5 LEADERSHIP LESSONS LEARNED
- Relational expectations are just as important as job expectations.
- What is not a priority personally will very rarely be a priority organizationally.
- Leadership in the church is more spiritual than it is tactical.
- Authenticity is a form of leadership "currency" that cannot be counterfeited.
- The one-on-one, face-to-face conversation where you do more listening than you do talking is still one of the most effective ways to communicate to those that you lead that you care.